Info

ISLA DE LOS ESTADOS

San Juan de Salvamento Bay is the access to the octagonal building formerly known as the Lighthouse at the End of the World (1884). After walking across a coast crammed with cachiyuyos (algae) and all sorts of local flora, the visitors arrives at the platform where the old Coast Guard refuge stands. The refuge was abandoned at the beginning of the 20th century because the continuous fog and low clouds veiled the beam from the lighthouse. In 1998, it was rebuilt by the French architect André Bronner following the original blueprints. At present the refuge stores food and drinking water, is solar-powered and has a visitors book...SAN JUAN DE SALVAMENTO ES LA BAHIA DESDE LA QUE SE PUEDE ACCEDER AL EDIFICIO OCTOGONAL QUE FUERA EL FARO DEL FIN DEL MUNDO EN 1884. LUEGO DE ATRAVESAR UNA COSTA PLAGADA DE CACHIYUYOS (MACROALGAS) Y UNA CAMINATA A TRAVES DE CASI TODAS LAS ESPECIES DE LA FLORA QUE UNO PUEDE ENCONTRAR EN LA ISLA (MURTILLAS, ESCALONIAS, CANELOS, GUINDOS, LENGAS Y FRUTILLAS DEL DIABLO) SE ACCEDE A UNA PROMONTORIO DONDE SE ERIGE EL REFUGIO..LA ANTIGUA SUBPREFECTURA DEJO DE UTILIZARSE A PRINCIPOS DEL SIGLO XX DEBIDO A LAS CASI PERMANENTE NEBLINAS Y NUBES BAJAS QUE IMPEDIAN VER LUZ DEL FARO. EN 1998 FUE RECONSTRUIDA POR EL FRANCES ANDR? BRONNER SEGUN LOS PLANOS ORIGINALES. ACTUALMENTE ES UN REFUGIO QUE TIENEN ALIMENTOS Y AGUA DULCE ASI COMO UN LIBRO DE VISITAS. PANELES SOLARES CARGAN UNA BATERIA.

Add to Lightbox Download
Filename
Isla de los Estados_46.jpg
Copyright
Hernan Zenteno
Image Size
2336x3504 / 8.2MB
Contained in galleries
Isla de los Estados
San Juan de Salvamento Bay is the access to the octagonal building formerly known as the Lighthouse at the End of the World (1884). After walking across a coast crammed with cachiyuyos (algae) and all sorts of local flora, the visitors arrives at the platform where the old Coast Guard refuge stands. The refuge was abandoned at the beginning of the 20th century because the continuous fog and low clouds veiled the beam from the lighthouse. In 1998, it was rebuilt by the French architect André Bronner following the original blueprints. At present the refuge stores food and drinking water, is solar-powered and has a visitors book...SAN JUAN DE SALVAMENTO ES LA BAHIA DESDE LA QUE SE PUEDE ACCEDER AL EDIFICIO OCTOGONAL QUE FUERA EL FARO DEL FIN DEL MUNDO EN 1884. LUEGO DE ATRAVESAR UNA COSTA PLAGADA DE CACHIYUYOS (MACROALGAS) Y UNA CAMINATA A TRAVES DE CASI TODAS LAS ESPECIES DE LA FLORA QUE UNO PUEDE ENCONTRAR EN LA ISLA (MURTILLAS, ESCALONIAS, CANELOS, GUINDOS, LENGAS Y FRUTILLAS DEL DIABLO) SE ACCEDE A UNA PROMONTORIO DONDE SE ERIGE EL REFUGIO..LA ANTIGUA SUBPREFECTURA DEJO DE UTILIZARSE A PRINCIPOS DEL SIGLO XX DEBIDO A LAS CASI PERMANENTE NEBLINAS Y NUBES BAJAS QUE IMPEDIAN VER LUZ DEL FARO. EN 1998 FUE RECONSTRUIDA POR EL FRANCES ANDR? BRONNER SEGUN LOS PLANOS ORIGINALES. ACTUALMENTE ES UN REFUGIO QUE TIENEN ALIMENTOS Y AGUA DULCE ASI COMO UN LIBRO DE VISITAS. PANELES SOLARES CARGAN UNA BATERIA.